|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|Manufacturer||Bolliger & Mabillard|
|Type||Steel - Floorless - Hyper - Diving|
|Riders per train||30|
|Propulsion||Chain lift hill|
|Top speed||71 mph|
Griffon is a steel roller coaster located at Busch Gardens Williamsburg in Williamsburg, Virginia, USA. It is themed after a half-lion/half-eagle mythological creature called a Griffon, known for diving on unsuspecting prey.
Opened in 2007, the ride was built by Bolliger & Mabillard and was the tallest and fastest Dive Coaster until it was surpassed by Valravn at Cedar Point in 2016. It is also the first to have multiple inversions and floorless trains.
Griffon opened on May 18, 2007.
In 2017, Griffon was repainted with a darker shade of blue in some areas.
In video games
In Frontier Development's theme park simulation game Planet Coaster, the B&M Dive Coaster model (Aethon) has a color scheme matching Griffon's. The trains in the game are also ten across.
- "Cedar Point debuts newest record-breaking roller coaster". https://www.kron4.com/news/cedar-point-debuts-newest-record-breaking-roller-coaster/.
- "Busch Gardens roller coaster tour part 2: Griffon". Coaster Critic. 2009-10-03. https://coastercritic.com/2009/10/busch-gardens-roller-coaster-tour-part-2-griffon/.
- Busch Gardens To Close Le Mans Raceway July 5 - Ultimate Rollercoaster
- Gieszl, Eric (2006-08-23). "Busch Gardens Building World's Tallest Dive Coaster". Ultimate Rollercoaster. https://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/news/stories/20060823_01.shtml.
- "Busch Gardens Europe Tops Off New Dive Coaster". Ultimate Rollercoaster. https://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/news/stories/20061213_01.shtml.
- "Invadr, Project 2018, & more: BGW preview day 2017". Busch Dominion. 2017-03-19. https://buschdominion.com/2017/03/19/invadr-project-2018-more-bgw-preview-day-2017/. Retrieved 2022-02-24.
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.
|Busch Gardens WilliamsburgArticles on|