|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|Manufacturer||Rocky Mountain Construction|
|Type||Steel - Hybrid|
|Riders per train||24|
|Propulsion||Chain lift hill|
|Top speed||107 km/h|
Hakugei is a steel hybrid roller coaster located at Nagashima Spa Land in Nagashima, Kuwana, Mie, Japan. It is a Rocky Mountain Construction I-Box conversion of White Cyclone and opened on March 28, 2019.
After White Cyclone closed, construction on the ride began with the stripping of the ride's wooden track. White Cyclone's signature helices were then removed before the track began to arrive in June 2018.
On September 24, 2018, Nagashima Spa Land officially revealed that the ride would be named Hakugei. They also revealed that the ride would be 5,019.7 feet long, that it would have an 80 degree first drop and that it would open in March 2019.
On March 22, 2019, Nagashima Spa Land announced that the ride would open on March 28, 2019.
Hakugei is a Rocky Mountain Construction I-Box conversion of Nagashima Spa Land's former White Cyclone wooden roller coaster. It is the first I-Box coaster, as well as the first Rocky Mountain Construction coaster in Asia.
Hakugei (白鯨) is Japanese for "White Whale".
- "HUGE White Cyclone Coaster to become RMC.". http://www.amusementinsider.com/2017/10/huge-white-cyclone-coaster-to-become-rmc.html.
- "Hakugei, "White Cyclone" Details Announced, Animated POV". http://www.amusementinsider.com/2018/09/hakugei-white-cyclone-details-announced.html.
- "Track nieuwe RMC achtbaan compleet in Nagashima Spa Land". https://themeparkfreaks.eu/2019/03/track-nieuwe-rmc-achtbaan-compleet-in-nagashima-spa-land/.
- "RMC laat er geen gras over groeien: Testritten van start in Nagashima Spa Land". https://themeparkfreaks.eu/2019/03/rmc-laat-er-geen-gras-over-groeien-testritten-van-start-in-nagashima-spa-land/.
- "Eerste RMC van Azië geopend in Nagashima Spa Land". https://themeparkfreaks.eu/2019/04/eerste-rmc-van-azie-geopend-in-nagashima-spa-land/.
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.
|Nagashima Spa LandArticles on|