|Watch the on-ride POV|
|Manufacturer||Bolliger & Mabillard|
|Type||Steel - Floorless - Hyper - Diving|
|Riders per train||24|
|Propulsion||Chain lift hill|
|Top speed||70 mph|
SheiKra is a steel roller coaster located at Busch Gardens Tampa in Tampa, Florida, USA. Built by Bolliger & Mabillard, it was the first Dive Coaster in North America as well as world's tallest and fastest ride of its kind. In 2007, two years after it opened, SheiKra was converted into a floorless roller coaster.
SheiKra officially opened on May 21, 2005. It was the first Dive Coaster in North America.
The name "SheiKra" is derived from a Shikra, a hawk that is known to dive straight down for its prey.
The ride at sunset
The water brakes
A train passing by
A train prior to the floorless conversion
Construction of the attraction
The ride's entrance
The test seat
- "SheiKra - Busch Gardens Tampa - Roller Coasters".
- "Busch Gardens Tampa Tops Off New Dive Coaster". Ultimate Rollercoaster.
- "Busch Gardens Testing SheiKra In Preparation For May 21 Opening". Ultimate Rollercoaster.
- "Busch Gardens Africa Switching To Floorless Trains For SheiKra". Ultimate Rollercoaster.
- IAAPA Trade Show - Johnny Upsidedown
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.
|Busch Gardens TampaArticles on|