|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|An overview of part of Cheetah Hunt|
|Product||LSM Launch Coaster|
|Type||Steel - Launched|
|Riders per train||16|
|Propulsion||3 LSM launches|
|Top speed||60 mph|
In 2010, before the ride was officially announced, Busch Gardens Tampa began to release teaser videos. Each video contained a small, computer generated part of the ride. Each one would have a different part of the ride. At this point, the new ride was known as Cheetaka. After five videos, the ride was officially announced on October 13 by park president, Jim Dean. The ride was completed in 2011, opening on May 27 of the same year. It became the first roller coaster to have a windcatcher tower.
Cheetah Hunt features three launches throughout the ride. Parts of the ride travel into trenches and over water, formerly occupied by the Rhino Rally tour ride.
Immediately after departing the station the train hits the first LSM launch, which allows the train to crest the first turn and hit the second boost, which propels the ride to 60 mph, straight up into the windcatcher tower.
After circling the windcatcher tower, the ride dives into a shallow ditch, then enters a rapid series of S-curves, over-banked turns, and a heartline roll. The ride then hits the third LSM boost, launching the train through the final twisted segment of over-banked turns and drops before hitting the final brake run.
- "Newest Busch Gardens coaster debuts in May". https://blooloop.com/link/newest-busch-gardens-coaster-debuts-in-may/.
- "Details leak out about Cheetaka". Orlando Business Jounral. https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2010/09/details_leak_out_about_cheetaka.html.
- "Full details on Busch Gardens' new Cheetah roller coaster and habitat – video/photos". Attractions Magazine. https://attractionsmagazine.com/full-details-on-busch-gardens-new-cheetah-roller-coaster-and-habitat-videophotos/.
- Jost, Domenik (May 27, 2011). "Cheetah Hunt and Cheetah Run debut at Busch Gardens Tampa". Theme Park Insider. https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201105/2494/. Retrieved March 29, 2021.
- "Baynum Painting providing a fresh wave of color at Florida attractions", Amusement Today (March 2022). Retrieved on 29 March 2022.
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.
|Busch Gardens TampaArticles on|