|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|Product||Sky Rocket II|
|Type||Steel - Launched|
|Riders per train||18|
|Propulsion||LSM launch (multi-pass)|
|Top speed||62 mph|
Tigris is a steel launched roller coaster located at Busch Gardens Tampa in Tampa, Florida, USA. The ride was manufactured by Premier Rides and opened on April 19, 2019. It was the tallest launched roller coaster in Florida until VelociCoaster at Universal's Islands of Adventure opened in 2021.
In March 2018, SeaWorld Parks & Entertainment filed three trademark applications for the names Tigris, Uproar, and Twisted Tiger. Tigris was announced on September 12, 2018. Vertical construction began in December.
In February 2019, the track layout was completed. Testing then began the following month.
On April 4, 2019, Busch Gardens Tampa confirmed that Tigris would open on April 19, 2019. The ride soft opened on April 16 and April 17, however.
Tigris is a Sky Rocket II from Premier Rides, similar to Tempesto at Busch Gardens Williamsburg and Electric Eel at SeaWorld San Diego. The ride has orange track and black supports and replaced Tanganyika Tidal Wave, a shoot-the-chutes attraction that closed in 2016.
- "Busch Gardens Tampa Project 2019 Rumors". Touring Central Florida. http://touringcentralflorida.com/2018/04/05/busch-gardens-tampa-project-2019-rumors/.
- "Busch Gardens reveals plans for Tigris, Florida's tallest launch roller coaster". Tampa Bay Times. https://www.tampabay.com/things-to-do/travel/florida/Busch-Gardens-reveals-plans-for-Tigris-Florida-s-tallest-launch-roller-coaster_171692154.
- "Busch Gardens Tampa's Tigris Track Arrives + The Ride Goes Vertical!". NewsPlusNotes. http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2018/12/busch-gardens-tampas-tigris-track.html.
- "Tigris set to open April 19 at Busch Gardens Tampa". https://www.insideuniversal.net/2019/04/tigris-set-to-open-april-19-at-busch-gardens-tampa/.
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.
|Busch Gardens TampaArticles on|