|The front car from Ice Breaker on display at IAAPA 2019.|
|Type||Steel - Launched|
|Riders per train||18|
|Propulsion||LSM launch (multi-pass)|
|Top speed||52 mph|
This ride was first acknowledged by SeaWorld Orlando on June 1, 2019 in a cryptic video with the hashtag #BreakTheIce, indicating some sort of ice theme. Around the same time, construction fences appeared near Mango Joe's within the park, indicating a potential site for the coaster.
On September 12, 2019, the ride was officially announced, with the park confirming Premier Rides as the manufacturer and Ice Breaker as the name. One of the cars was revealed at IAAPA 2019. Track installation was completed in February 2020.
Slated to debut in Spring 2020, the opening of Ice Breaker has been pushed back due to the coronavirus pandemic. Premier Rides have reportedly filed a lien against SeaWorld claiming they have fallen behind on payments.
SeaWorld announced on July 30 that Ice Breaker would be delayed until 2021, along with all other major unfinished projects. Work resumed in December 2020.
Launch testing began on January 30th, and on February 2nd, the ride took its first full-course test runs.
The ride incorporates a 93 foot tall beyond-vertical spike and has a maximum drop angle of 100 degrees. After leaving the station, a sliding track section is used to transfer the train on to the launch track. The train is launched both backwards, up the beyond-vertical spike, and forwards. When the train is launched forwards fast enough, it will continue onwards and complete the remainder of the ride. Ice Breaker will have a total of four launches, forwards and backwards.
- "SeaWorld Orlando Teasing "Cool" New Coaster for 2020 Season". NewsPlusNotes. http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2019/06/seaworld-orlando-teasing-cool-new.html.
- "Premier is supplying Ice Breaker to SeaWorld Orlando". NewsPlusNotes. http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2019/11/premier-is-supplying-ice-breaker-to.html.
- "Ice Breaker at SeaWorld Orlando is Now Complete!". NewsPlusNotes. https://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2020/02/ice-breaker-at-seaworld-orlando-is-now.html. Retrieved 2 March 2020.
- "SeaWorld falls behind $2.7M on Ice Breaker roller coaster construction bills, company claims". Click Orlando. https://www.clickorlando.com/news/local/2020/06/16/seaworld-falls-behind-27m-on-ice-breaker-roller-coaster-construction-bills-company-claims/.
- "SeaWorld and Busch Gardens Parks Postponing 2020 projects to 2021". Coaster101. https://www.coaster101.com/2020/07/30/seaworld-and-busch-gardens-parks-postponing-2020-projects-to-2021/.
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.
|SeaWorld OrlandoArticles on|
|Present||Ice Breaker • Journey To Atlantis • Kraken • Mako • Manta • Super Grover's Box Car Derby|