|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|Manufacturer||Bolliger & Mabillard|
|Product||Custom Hyper Coaster|
|Type||Steel - Hyper - Out and Back|
|Riders per train||28|
|Propulsion||Chain lift hill|
|Top speed||73 mph|
Mako is a steel hyper roller coaster located at SeaWorld Orlando in Orlando, Florida, USA. It is 200 feet tall and has a top speed of 73 mph. SeaWorld billed it as Orlando's tallest, fastest and longest roller coaster.
The highest point was topped off in January 2016.
The ride has 3 7-car trains with clamshell lap bar restraints, similarly to the restraints on other Bolliger & Mabillard hyper roller coasters. Mako uses the older-style hyper train as opposed to the stadium seating seen on newer B&M hyper coasters. SeaWorld said that Mako has 7 cars per train because they wanted the ride to be as close to replicating the Mako shark's real movements as possible.
Mako is the signature attraction of SeaWorld Orlando's new Shark Wreck Reef themed area. As the name suggests, it is themed around the Mako shark. The Guy Harvey Ocean Foundation contributed to the ride's artwork by painting shark-themed murals on the walls and selling SeaWorld-exclusive merchandise in the ride's shop.
- "Measuring up SeaWorld's new Mako coaster with Orlando's other high-flying rides". https://www.bizjournals.com/orlando/blog/2015/05/measuring-up-seaworlds-new-mako-coaster-with.html.
- "SeaWorld tops off Orlando’s tallest, fastest and longest rollercoaster". https://www.orlandoweekly.com/Blogs/archives/2016/01/08/seaworld-tops-off-orlandos-tallest-fastest-and-longest-rollercoaster.
- "MAKO Completes its First Test Run at SeaWorld Orlando". https://coasternation.com/mako-completes-its-first-test-run-at-seaworld-orlando/.
- "Mako Hypercoaster Speeds into SeaWorld Orlando June 10". https://www.orlandofuntickets.com/articles/mako-hypercoaster-speeds-into-seaworld-orlando-june-10/.
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.
|SeaWorld OrlandoArticles on|