The National Roller Coaster Museum is a museum in Plainview, Texas, USA. Created by the American Coaster Enthusiasts, it is situated on land owned by Larson International. The facility currently only opens for private tours, but has stated that it may open to the public in the future. It operates a virtual exhibition via its website.
The Museum was established in 1999.
- This list is incomplete, please expand it if you can.
- Lead car from Apocalypse at Six Flags America
- A car from Orient Express at Worlds of Fun
- Section of track from Texas Cyclone at Six Flags AstroWorld
- A car from Jack Rabbit at Rocky Springs Park
- Model of Phoenix at Knoebels
- A section of track, a car and signage from Volcano The Blast Coaster at Kings Dominion
- A car, signage and safety sign from Big Bad Wolf at Busch Gardens Williamsburg
- McDonough, Doug (August 29, 2015). "Plainview home to National Roller Coaster Museum". MyPlainview. https://www.myplainview.com/lifestyles/article/Plainview-home-to-National-Roller-Coaster-Museum-8394564.php. Retrieved February 2, 2021.
- "We visit the National Roller Coaster Museum". Theme Park Archive. September 10, 2019. https://www.themeparkarchive.com/updates/we-visit-the-national-roller-coaster-museum. Retrieved February 2, 2021.
- "National Roller Coaster Museum launches new online home — New Design Supports Expansion Efforts". Amusement Today. December 7, 2017. http://amusementtoday.com/2017/12/national-roller-coaster-museum-launches-new-online-home-new-design-supports-expansion-efforts/. Retrieved February 2, 2021.
- "Exhibits". National Roller Coaster Museum. https://rollercoastermuseum.org/exhibits/. Retrieved February 2, 2021.
- "National Roller Coaster Museum and Archives Facebook post". http://unwof.blogspot.com/2019/03/where-are-they-now-retrospect-on-worlds.html.
- "Worlds of Fun.Org: Where are they Now? A Retrospect on Worlds of Fun's Lost Rides". http://unwof.blogspot.com/2019/03/where-are-they-now-retrospect-on-worlds.html.
- "Soon you'll be able to relive the thrill of riding Texas Cyclone at Astroworld" (in en). ABC13. November 7, 2020. https://abc13.com/astroworld-texas-cyclone-national-roller-coaster-museum-six-flags-houston/7716567/. Retrieved 10 November 10, 2020.
- Springmyer, Kayla (October 26, 2020). "National Roller Coaster Museum expands its historic collection". Attractions Magazine. https://attractionsmagazine.com/national-roller-coaster-museum-expands-historic-collection/. Retrieved February 2, 2021.
- Ringas, Elizabeth (September 17, 2019). "Volcano Arrives at National Roller Coaster Museum and Archives". American Coaster Enthusiasts. http://acemidatlantic.org/2019/09/17/volcano-arrives-at-national-roller-coaster-museum-and-archives/. Retrieved February 2, 2021.
- "The Big Bad Wolf - National Roller Coaster Museum and Archives". https://rollercoastermuseum.org/collection/collection_gallery_1200x750_2/.