|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|Builder||Frontier Construction Company|
|Designer / calculations||Don Rosser, William Cobb|
|Propulsion||Chain lift hill|
|Top speed||60 mph|
|Manufacturer||Philadelphia Toboggan Coasters (1976-1986) |
|Riders per train||24|
The ride closed with the park on October 30, 2005 and was subsequently demolished. A short section of track from the Texas Cyclone was preserved and put into storage. In November 2020, the section of track was transported to the National Roller Coaster Museum for display. Larson International assisted with the move. The trains from Texas Cyclone were transported to La Ronde.
The layout was a mirror-image of that of the original Cyclone at Coney Island however Texas Cyclone was taller and longer.
- "Astroworld's new ride real thriller", San Antonio Express.
- "For AstroWorld, the ride is over". https://www.chron.com/business/article/For-AstroWorld-the-ride-is-over-1936503.php.
- "Soon you'll be able to relive the thrill of riding Texas Cyclone at Astroworld" (in en). ABC13. November 7, 2020. https://abc13.com/astroworld-texas-cyclone-national-roller-coaster-museum-six-flags-houston/7716567/. Retrieved 10 November 10, 2020.
- Callahan, Michael (March 9, 2016). "Astroworld's Texas Cyclone Demolished". Bayou City History. Archived from the original on March 10, 2016. https://web.archive.org/web/20160310103147/https://blog.chron.com/bayoucityhistory/2016/03/astroworlds-texas-cyclone-demolished/. Retrieved November 10, 2020.
- "The Texas Cyclone at AstroWorld rated the world's best roller caoster", The Shreveport Journal (July 3, 1987), pp. 52. Retrieved on November 10, 2020.
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.
|Six Flags AstroWorldArticles on|
|Former coasters||Batman The Escape • Excalibur • Greezed Lightnin' • Mayan Mindbender • Serial Thriller • Serpent • Swamp Buggy • Texas Cyclone • Texas Tornado • Ultra Twister • Viper • XLR-8|
|Former rides||Bamboo Shoot • Barnstormer • Barrel O'Fun • Diablo Falls • Dungeon Drop • Looping Starship • Swat • Thunder River • Tidal Wave|