|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|Entrance to Montezooma's Revenge|
|Designer / calculations||Ing.-Büro Stengel GmbH|
|Type||Steel - Shuttle|
|Track layout||Shuttle loop|
|Riders per train||28|
|Propulsion||Flywheel launch from 0 mph - 55 mph in 4.5 s|
|Top speed||55 mph|
Montezooma's Revenge is a steel launched shuttle roller coaster located at Knott's Berry Farm in Buena Park, California, USA. The ride was built by Schwarzkopf and is the last operating Schwarzkopf Shuttle Loop in the United States. It is also the oldest operating roller coaster at Knott's Berry Farm.
Contrary to popular belief, the coaster is not named after the disease sometimes called Montezuma's Revenge, but rather a band under the same name that performed at the park.
The ride was repainted for the 2017 season.
On January 7, 2022, it was announced that the ride would close on January 10 for a major refurbishment. However, the next day, the park stated that it would stay open for some time longer due to popular demand.
The work is expected to be completed by 2023.
Montezooma's Revenge has a single vertical loop which the train passes through twice: once forwards and once backwards. The nearby roller coaster Jaguar! passes through Montezooma's Revenge's vertical loop.
On the evening of August 31, 2001, a woman was taken to hospital after reportedly suffering a seizure while riding Montezooma's Revenge. She died the following morning. An investigation found the roller coaster to be mechanically safe, and the cause of death was a brain aneurysm aggravated by a pre-existing condition. Montezooma's Revenge reopened on September 6.
- "Montezooma's Revenge", The Los Angeles Times (1978-05-23), pp. 102. Retrieved on 13 January 2022.
- "Clipped From The Los Angeles Times", The Los Angeles Times (1978-05-24), pp. 90. Retrieved on 13 January 2022.
- "Montezooma’s Revenge Repaint UPDATE - February 12th 2017 - The Coaster Kings". https://www.thecoasterkings.com/montezoomas-revenge-repaint-update-february-12th-2017/.
- "Back by popular demand". Knott's Berry Farm. Jan 11, 2022. https://twitter.com/knotts/status/1480972339479302149. Retrieved Jan 11, 2022.
- Macdonald, Brady (2022-01-11). "Knott’s Berry Farm pauses Montezooma’s Revenge renovation plans so fans can get one last ride". The Orange County Register. https://www.ocregister.com/2022/01/11/knotts-berry-farm-pauses-montezoomas-revenge-renovation-plans-so-fans-can-get-one-last-ride/. Retrieved 2022-01-13.
- "Knott's Berry Farm". Screamscape. https://screamscape.com/html/knott-s_berry_farm.htm.
- Davis-Friedman, Samantha (2022-09-14). "Montezooma’s Revenge joins the National Roller Coaster Museum". Attractions Magazine. https://attractionsmagazine.com/montezoomas-revenge-joins-the-national-roller-coaster-museum/. Retrieved 2022-09-21.
- Niles, Robert (2022-01-07). "Knott's Will Renovate Its Montezooma's Revenge Coaster". Theme Park Insider. https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/202201/8713/. Retrieved 2022-01-08.
- Knott's Roller Coaster Closed After Female Dies - Ultimate Rollercoaster
- Knott's Coaster Reopens After State Declares Safe - Ultimate Rollercoaster
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.
|Tallest roller coaster|
May 1978 - June 1983
|Tallest roller coaster
May 1978 - June 1983
|Knott's Berry FarmArticles on|