|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|Product||Shuttle Loop (Weight Drop)|
|Designer / calculations||Ing.-Büro Stengel GmbH|
|Type||Steel - Launched - Shuttle|
|Riders per train||28|
|Propulsion||Weight drop launch from 0 mph - 57 mph in 6 s|
|Top speed||57 mph|
The ride originally opened as Tidal Wave at Six Flags Great America on May 6, 1978. After its closure in 1991, it was relocated to Six Flags Over Georgia. There, it would be renamed Viper and reopen on April 29, 1995. This was the only launched coaster at the park. The attraction closed on September 16, 2001. It reopened at Kentucky Kingdom on April 25, 2003 as Greezed Lightnin'.
The ride closed in 2009 along with Kentucky Kingdom due to Six Flags' bankruptcy. The ride was demolished in July 2013. The station building was reused for Lightning Run, which opened in 2014 for the reopening of Kentucky Kingdom. Components of the ride, including the weight drop tower, remain in storage on the park's property.
Greezed Lightnin' launched from the station to a top speed of 57 mph in a total of 6 seconds. Next, the train traveled through a vertical loop and up a 70° incline. At this point, the ride fell backwards through the entire design and past the station to another incline. After climbing and falling down that incline, the train slowly rolled into the station.
- "Tidal Wave hits Great America".
- "Scream Machine (Nearby Notes)".
- Kentucky Kingdom gets shuttle loop coaster - Amusement Today (Wayback archive)
- "Six Flags announces Kentucky Kingdom closure". https://www.themeparkinsider.com/flume/201002/1693/.
- Jackson, Sarah (2013-07-13). "Coasters coming down at Kentucky Kingdom". WAVE3. https://www.wave3.com/story/22830837/coasters-coming-down-at-kentucky-kingdom/. Retrieved 2021-06-20.
- "Kentucky Kingdom set to reopen this weekend". https://www.lanereport.com/31905/2014/05/kentucky-kingdom-set-to-reopen-this-weekend/.
- "Keys to the Kingdom 2 - Kentucky Kingdom - So Many Parks 84". 2021-08-24. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mR0FTvWJfpQ&list=PL_Fb3Fs-1zBHj7zXceH81uE89sOIMIiHH. Retrieved 2022-04-01.
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.
|Tallest roller coaster|
|Tallest roller coaster
|Kentucky KingdomArticles on|
|Six Flags Over GeorgiaArticles on|