|Watch the on-ride POV|
|Manufacturer||Great Coasters International|
|Riders per train||22|
|Propulsion||Chain lift hill|
|Top speed||50.1 mph|
Apocalypse is a Great Coasters International wooden roller coaster located at Six Flags Magic Mountain in Valencia, California, USA. The ride was previously named "Terminator Salvation: The Ride" from 2009 and 2010 and was themed after the newest sequel in the Terminator movie series. It operates on the former spot of the problematic wooden coaster Psyclone.
Terminator Salvation: The Ride opened on May 23, 2009. It was the first wooden coaster to have on-board speakers, but they later stopped working properly and were removed when the ride was rethemed in 2011. The ride also has three misty tunnels, one of which passes through the station, and a fire special effect.
In 2015, Six Flags announced that Apocalypse would be temporarily renamed Shadows of Evil: The Ride as part of Activision's partnership to support the upcoming release of the highly anticipated Call of Duty: Black Ops III on November 6. The ride would be named after the game's Zombies mode. Its story would transport guests to the 1940s Film Noir-inspired Morg City, including zombie encounters and more. This lasted during the 2015 Fright Fest event from September 26 to November 1.
In March 2017, the rougher sections of the ride were retracked by British company Wood Coaster Developments.
Nearly all of Apocalypse was retracked by Great Coasters International while it was closed in 2019 due to construction of the nearby West Coast Racers. In addition, the ride received a theming update, changing the theme from nuclear fallout to a plague that wiped out humanity.
View from the queue line
- $10-million Wooden Coaster Opens At Six Flags Magic Mountain - Ultimate Rollercoaster
- "Terminator Salvation: The Ride to become Apocalypse at Six Flags Magic Mountain". Theme Park Tourist. https://www.themeparktourist.com/news/20101207/2686/termination-salvation-ride-become-apocalypse-six-flags-magic-mountain.
- "Call of Duty is Back for Fright Fest, Six Flags and Activision Announce Partnership to Support COD: Black Ops III". https://www.gamingcypher.com/call-of-duty-is-back-for-fright-fest-six-flags-and-activision-announce-partnership-to-support-cod-black-ops-iii/.
- "Apocalypse Being Retracked at Six Flags Magic Mountain". The Coaster Guy. http://www.thecoasterguy.com/2017/03/15/apocalypse-retracked-six-flags-magic-mountain/.
- "West Coast Racers Construction Update - Six Flags Magic Mountain - July 19th, 2019 - The Coaster Kings". https://www.thecoasterkings.com/west-coast-racers-construction-update-six-flags-magic-mountain-july-19th-2019/.
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.