|Watch the on-ride POV|
|Product||Multi Inversion Coaster (10 Inversion Rev. B)|
|Onsite construction||RCS GmbH|
|Riders per train||24|
|Propulsion||Cable lift hill|
|Top speed||85 km/h|
In February 2019, several rides were moved, creating a large space near the entrance plaza. Rumours suggested that Flamingo Land had purchased an Intamin 10-Inversion coaster and intended to install it beside Velocity, over the entrance plaza and the plot occupied by Corkscrew until it closed in 2011. The coaster, manufactured around 2011, was shipped to Hopi Hari in Brazil and later to Movie Animation Park Studios in Malaysia, but never set up at either location.
In May 2019, a planning application was filed for the construction of a roller coaster with specifications matching that of the Intamin 10 Inversion coaster Rev B model.
The ride was officially confirmed in a Facebook post by the park on 2 August 2019. While no manufacturer was confirmed, banners at the construction site showed an Intamin 10 Inversion coaster, with the park even making references to Colossus at Thorpe Park in their Facebook post.
On 12 August 2019, Flamingo Land confirmed that the project would be costing £20,385,000 in a competition on their Facebook page.
As the ride arrived on-site in October, it became apparent that this was indeed the Intamin 10-Inversion coaster which had been shipped from Malaysia.
On 21 October 2019, the ride went vertical at Flamingo Land. Construction was halted during the coronavirus pandemic. In August 2020, park maps confirmed that the opening had been pushed back to 2021.
In April 2022, the park made two social media posts which included the word "Sik". On 30 May 2022, the park announced that the new coaster would be called "Sik" as part of a deal with Sik Silk, a Scarborough-based fashion brand. In early June, a video was published online which showed several test dummies fall from the ride while the train travelled through the quadruple heartline roll during a test run. Sik opened on 2 July 2022.
The ride is 875 metres long, reaches a height of 33 metres, and has ten inversions. The roller coaster is painted grey with black supports, however it was assembled in its original colour scheme of red track with yellow supports. The ride was painted after it is assembled.
Sik going through one of its quad heartlines.
- "Flamingo Land: Take a ride on new £18m roller coaster inspired by Scarborough fashion company SikSilk". The Scarborough News. 2022-06-01. https://www.thescarboroughnews.co.uk/business/consumer/flamingo-land-take-a-ride-on-new-ps18m-roller-coaster-inspired-by-scarborough-fashion-company-siksilk-3717748.
- "Unknown | Flamingo Land | Intamin 10 Inversion Coaster (possible Hopi Hari relocation)". CoasterForce. http://coasterforce.com/forums/threads/unknown-flamingo-land-intamin-10-inversion-coaster-possible-hopi-hari-relocation.43277/.
- "Planning – Application Summary". Ryedale District Council. https://planningregister.ryedale.gov.uk/caonline-applications/applicationDetails.do?activeTab=summary&keyVal=PRWA8YNOK8S00.
- "Flamingo Land Resort Facebook post". https://www.facebook.com/flamingolandresort/photos/a.318165834933065/2307502915999337/.
- "Flamingo Land Resort Facebook post". https://www.facebook.com/flamingolandresort/photos/a.318165834933065/2417969134952714/.
- "Flamingo Land confirms 10-Inversion Coaster postponed to 2021". ThemeParks-UK. https://www.themeparks-uk.com/uk-theme-park-news/1063-flamingo-land-confirms-10-inversion-coaster-postponed-to-2021.
- "Flamingo Land Resort's new ride train spotted!". Theme Park Insanity. 2022-04-24. https://themeparkinsanity.co.uk/flamingo-land-inversions-trains-spotted-on-track. Retrieved 2022-05-30.
- Banks, Georgia (2022-05-30). "New Flamingo Land roller coaster: Take a video ride as latest attraction's name confirmed". TeessideLive. https://www.gazettelive.co.uk/whats-on/whats-on-news/new-flamingo-land-roller-coaster-24104725. Retrieved 2022-05-30.
- Banks, Georgia; Banner, Megan; Ford, Gregory (2022-06-03). "Shocking moment test dummy falls from new Flamingo Land roller-coaster during loop". GrimsbyLive. https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/uk-world-news/shocking-moment-test-dummy-falls-7162940. Retrieved 2022-06-17.
- Conner-Hill, Rachel (2022-07-02). "Big queues as Flamingo Land's 'thrilling' new Sik rollercoaster opens". The Northern Echo. https://www.thenorthernecho.co.uk/news/20252183.big-queues-flamingo-lands-thrilling-new-sik-rollercoaster-opens/. Retrieved 2022-08-20.
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.