|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|Quimera in December 2016|
|Designer / calculations||Ing.-Büro Stengel GmbH|
|Riders per train||20|
|Propulsion||2 Tire propelled lifts|
|Top speed||53.4 mph|
American Dreier Looping is a steel roller coaster located at Indiana Beach in Monticello, Indiana. Built by Schwarzkopf, it was the first roller coaster with three vertical loops when it was introduced in 1984.
Before arriving in Indiana, the ride operated on the German fair circuit, then at Sunway Lagoon in Malaysia, then at Flamingo Land in the United Kingdom and then at La Feria Chapultepec Magico in Mexico.
In 1984, the ride was purchased by showman Rudolf Barth. Barth operated the ride as Dreier Looping (German for Three Looping) for twelve years on the German fair circuit. It was the first ride in the world to feature three vertical loops. The ride then arrived at Sunway Lagoon in Selangor, Malaysia. It operated from 1997 to 1999 as the Triple Loop Coaster and was painted entirely pink.
In June 1999, the ride was purchased by Flamingo Land in Yorkshire, England. It reopened there in 2000 as Magnum Force. The bottom of the ride was painted red and the top white. It is believed the ride was planned to be called "Mach 3". The ride was sponsored by Wall's Magnum ice cream. It operated until 2005, when after being on sale for two years, Magnum Force closed as part of a regeneration of Flamingo Land.
The ride reopened in 2007 at its current location; La Feria Chapultepec Magico in Mexico after a renovation. It is painted yellow with white supports. It was called Montaña Infinitum until 2014 or earlier. It was subsequently renamed Montaña Triple Loop, and Quimera. The coaster had a major accident on September 28, 2019, where the back car derailed, killing two people and injuring two more. The entire park was shut down following the accident.
The roller coaster has a curved lift hill and a tightly curved first drop which is immediately followed by a sharp twisting ascent. Two back-to-back vertical loops follow. The third loop is taken later on.
3 trains with 5 cars per train. In each car, riders are arranged 2 across in 2 rows, for a total of 20 riders per train. Nowadays, only three trains are present. Prior to arriving in Mexico, the ride had five trains.
- On Tuesday June 1, 2004, while the ride was operating at Flamingo Land, a 32-year old ride operator was seriously injured when he was struck by a train while taking a shortcut through a restricted area. The man was treated on the scene then airlifted to hospital.
- On Saturday September 28, 2019 two people were killed and another two injured after the final car derailed.
La Feria Chapultepec Magico
- Dreier Looping / Triple Looper - Schwarzkopf Coaster Net
- AIRtime issue 21
- "Indiana Beach adding 2 new rides for 2021". https://www.newsbug.info/monticello_herald_journal/news/local/indiana-beach-adding-2-new-rides-for-2021/article_a3661c8c-c5f6-55b9-a454-ca905630b207.html.
- "Schwarzkopf-achtbaan volledig opgebouwd in Indiana Beach". https://themeparkfreaks.eu/2022/02/schwarzkopf-achtbaan-volledig-opgebouwd-in-indiana-beach/.
- Man hurt in roller coaster crash - BBC News
- "Mexico rollercoaster crash leaves two dead". BBC News. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-49868179.
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.
|Indiana BeachArticles on|