|Location||Monticello, Indiana, USA|
History[edit | edit source]
In 2011, Adventure Point was opened. It was a ropes course attraction and operated until 2015.
In early February 2020, rides from Indiana Beach and Fantasy Island were offered for sale, leading to speculation that the parks would not open for 2020. On February 18, it was announced that Indiana Beach would not open in 2020 as Apex Parks had bankruptcy protection and been unsuccessful in finding a buyer. The following month, government officials put together a $3 million incentive package to attract potential buyers of Indiana Beach. In April, the park posted an image on their social media which included the phrase "Can you keep a secret?" and another with "permanently closed" written, but with the word permanently scored out. Later that month, it was revealed that Chicago businessman Gene Staples had purchased the park and hopes to reopen it in 2020.
The park was reopened on June 27, 2020.
Roller coasters[edit | edit source]
Present[edit | edit source]
|Cornball Express||Custom Coasters International||Wooden||2001||Operating|
|Hoosier Hurricane||Custom Coasters International||Wooden||1994||Operating|
|Lost Coaster of Superstition Mountain||Custom Coasters International||Wooden||2002||Operating|
|Steel Hawg||S&S Worldwide||Steel||2008||Operating|
|Triple Loop||Schwarzkopf||Steel||2021||Under construction|
Past[edit | edit source]
|Dragon Wagon||Wisdom Rides||Kiddie||2015||2018||-|
|Little Dipper||Allan Herschell Company||Kiddie||1950s||1970s||-|
Operating attractions[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "Indiana Beach, Fantasy Island rides offered for sale by Apex". Amusement Today. http://amusementtoday.com/digital/assets/downloads/AT-MARCH-2020-lr.pdf. Retrieved 18 February 2020.
- "Indiana Beach Closes After Nearly a Century". wlfi.com. https://www.wlfi.com/content/news/Indiana-Beach-closes-gates-567980101.html. Retrieved 18 February 2020.
- "Local Government Offers $3 Million Incentive to Help Indiana Beach Reopen". NewsPlusNotes. https://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2020/03/local-government-offers-3-million.html. Retrieved 31 March 2020.
- "Indiana Beach Hinting at a New Owner + Reopening in 2020". NewsPlusNotes. https://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2020/04/indiana-beach-hinting-at-new-owner.html.
- "Chicago businessman purchases Indiana Beach". Chicago Sun Times. https://chicago.suntimes.com/business/2020/4/24/21235191/indiana-beach-reopen-chicago-gene-staples.
- Wolf, James D. (June 29, 2020). "Indiana Beach reopens with new Chicago owner. ‘We didn’t purchase this to make a fortune. We purchased it to save a park and invest in it.’". Chicago Tribune. https://www.chicagotribune.com/business/ct-biz-indiana-beach-reopens-chicago-owner-20200629-b65ql5totvdxlnyuhiqdirgxma-story.html. Retrieved November 25, 2020.