|Watch the on-ride POV|
|Capacity||8 per boat|
|Track length||2,100 feet|
Originally, the ride was set to open on May 15, 2010, but the opening would be delayed. Shoot the Rapids officially opened on June 26, 2010. It closed in September 2015, and the ride was dismantled in February 2016.
On July 19, 2013, a boat rolled down a hill backwards and landed on its side or capsized, injuring all seven people on-board. The passengers were rushed to the hospital after ride operators and staff helped the victims strapped into the boat, and no fatalities occurred.
Shoot the Rapids on its opening day
- "Cedar Point announces new ride for 2010". 11ABC. 2009-10-31. https://abc11.com/archive/6996903/. Retrieved 2021-12-30.
- "Cedar Point Announces Shoot The Rapids Flume Ride". Ultimate Rollercoaster. https://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/news/stories/20090904_01.shtml.
- "Cedar Point's 'Shoot the Rapids' Opening Delayed". https://www.cleveland19.com/story/12457907/cedar-points-shoot-the-rapids-opening-delayed/.
- "Cedar Point Opens Shoot the Rapids Water Ride". https://www.toledo.com/news/2010/06/30/daily-dose/cedar-point-opens-shoot-the-rapids-water-ride/.
- "Report: Cedar Point tearing down Shoot the Rapids ride". https://www.freep.com/story/life/2016/02/12/cedar-point-shoot-rapids-ride/80277934/.
- "Cedar Point removing Shoot the Rapids, Challenger go-carts and Catapult attractions". Akron Beacon Journal. https://www.beaconjournal.com/article/20160220/NEWS/302209474.
- "7 injured when water-ride boat flips at Cedar Point amusement park in Sandusky". Cleveland.com. https://www.cleveland.com/metro/2013/07/7_injured_when_water_boat_ride.html.