|Watch the on-ride POV|
|WildCat in 2010.|
|Designer / calculations||Ing.-Büro Stengel GmbH|
|Riders per train||4|
|Propulsion||Chain lift hill|
|Top speed||40 mph|
WildCat was a Schwarzkopf steel roller coaster located at Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio, USA. This roller coaster opened in 1979 and replaced an identical roller coaster, the Wildcat, which was closed in 1978.
On May 2, 2012, Cedar Point announced that WildCat would be removed prior to the 2012 season to make room for an expansion to Celebration Plaza. The attraction operated for the last time in 2011. The park stated that the ride had reached the end of its service life, citing low ridership and rising maintenance costs as reason for the removal. The ride was subsequently scrapped.
7 cars. Riders are arranged 2 across in 2 rows, for a total of 4 riders per car.
On May 16, 2008, during the opening weeks of the season, a car traveling up the lift hill didn't make it all the way up, and rolled back down, hitting the car behind. Nine guests were injured, eight of wich were treated at a first-aid station in the park, one was treated and released at Firelands Memorial Hospital. This caused the ride to shut down for a month. WildCat reopened late 2008.
At around 5:00 PM on June 5, 2011, two cars collided, injuring seven people. No serious injuries were sustained. Three people were taken to Firelands Regional Medical Center as a precaution and four were released from the first-aid station without further treatment. The US Department of Agriculture classified the crash as an "incident".
The ride's transfer track
- Cedar Point Ride Gravestones - CP Food Blog
- "Cedar Point $4 million capital improvements program launched", The News-Messenger (1978-12-08), pp. 15. Retrieved on 7 January 2022.
- "Cedar Point tames Wildcat", The Tribune (1997-05-06), pp. 3. Retrieved on 7 January 2022.
- Cedar Point's WildCat roller coaster ceases roar - Morning Journal
- Celebration Plaza Expansion - Cedar Point (Wayback archive)
- Ohio's Cedar Point Donates Coaster Parts To Museum - 10TV
- WildCat closed after several guests were injured - The Point Online (Wayback archive)
- "7 slightly hurt on Cedar Point rollercoaster". https://www.toledoblade.com/local/2011/06/06/Seven-slightly-hurt-on-Cedar-Point-rollercoaster.html.
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.