|Watch the on-ride POV|
Flying Eagles is a Flying Scooters ride built by US manufacturer Bisch Rocco currently located at Kings Dominion in Doswell, Virginia, USA. The attraction has previously been referred to as Flying Scooters, Parrot Troopers, Flying Ships, and Scream Weaver.
Flying Eagles opened at Kings Dominion in 1975 as Flying Scooters. Some sources claim that the ride originally operated at Pontchartrain Beach in New Orleans, Louisiana, USA, but Lake Pontchartrain's flying scooters ride was reportedly in operation through the park's closure in 1983, contradicting this claim.
Flying Scooters was renamed Parrot Troopers in 1976 and was relocated from the Candy Apple Grove section of the park to the Lion Country Safari section.
The ride was renamed Scream Weaver in 1994 with the introduction of a Wayne's World-themed area.
- "Fun Fact: The Flying Eagles ride has existed in the park since 1974. In that time, it has been known as The Parrot Troopers, Flying Ships, Scream Weaver and now The Flying Eagles!". Kings Dominion. July 16, 2011. https://www.facebook.com/kingsdominionva/posts/10150235828041875. Retrieved December 15, 2011.
- "Part 6: Old Reliables - 2 Rides that Refuse to Break Down". 2014-04-25. https://www.dalebrumfield.net/single-post/2014/04/25/part-6-old-reliables-2-rides-that-refuse-to-break-down. Retrieved 2022-01-21.
- "Kings Dominion adds new rides", The Daily News Leader (1976-07-11). Retrieved on 21 January 2022.
- "Get ready to 'hurl' at Kings Dominion", The Evening Sun (1994-03-23). Retrieved on 21 January 2022.
- "2000 Kings Dominion Park Map". https://cpfoodblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/2000-Kings-Dominion-Park-Map.pdf. Retrieved 2022-01-21.
- "2001 Kings Dominion Park Map". http://cpfoodblog.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/2001-Paramounts-Kings-Dominion-Map.jpg. Retrieved 2022-01-21.