|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|Sirocco in 2022|
|Designer / calculations||Sander de Bruijn |
Michel den Dulk
|Capacity||45 per cycle|
Efteling was looking for a smaller ride to place close to Carnaval Festival, as that area of the park only had one ride. They decided on a Mack Rides Teacups, and Efteling designer Henny Knoet would design the ride. The first design was not approved as it was deemed too cultural insensitive. The ride was supposed to open on March 31 but was delayed because the park didn't file the necessary permits. Efteling said that this was to "keep the competition asleep". The cannibale still wasn't there when the ride opened, because the new design wasn't approved yet. The ride eventually opened as Monsieur Cannibale.
The ride received a roof in 2002, designed by then Efteling designer Michel den Dulk.
The ride closed on September 5, 2021 for major renovations. The cannibal theme would be removed after many years of criticism for the cultural insensitive design of the cannibal. Avonturendoolhof closed alongside Monsieur Cannibale, to be replaced with 'Archipel', a water playground in the same theme as Sirocco. These two attraction, joined by the existing roller coaster Vogel Rok would form the new 'Wereld van Sindbad' area. The Sindbad area was designed by Efteling designer Sander de Bruijn, who also designed a revamp for the nearby 'Panorama' restaurant, which would later be rethemed in a second phase. The first phase of the area would cost 2,8 million euro's. 
The ride was supposed to reopen under its new theme on January 1, 2022, but this didn't happen due the the covid-19 pandemic, which prompted the park to close. The ride eventually reopened with the park on January 26, 2022. The ride's opening was celebrated with the release of three new pins.
The ride is located in "Wereld van Sindbad" since 2022, this area, which translates to "World of Sindbad", is themed to the travels of Sindbad the sailor. Wereld van Sindbad is a subsection in the "Reizenrijk" area of the park, roughly translating to "Travel Realm".
Monsieur Cannibale is French for Mister cannibale. The ride was named after the song of the same name, which was used as the soundtrack of the ride when it operated under that name.
Sirocco is the name of the wind current through the Sahara, tying back into the Arabian theme the ride received in 2022.
The ride cars where themed to pots when the ride was named Monsieur Cannibale with guests are getting cooked alive. These pots where rethemed to ships, with the ride representing a storm at sea.
- "The original design for the ride". https://www.eftepedia.nl/lemma/images/7/79/Ontwerp_monsieur_cannibale.jpg.
- "Monsieur Cannibale on Eftepedia". https://www.eftepedia.nl/lemma/Monsieur_Cannibale.
- "Efteling confirms plans for make over Monsieur Cannible and Avonturendoolhof". https://www.looopings.nl/weblog/17101/Efteling-bevestigt-plannen-voor-make-over-Monsieur-Cannibale-en-Doolhof.html.
- "Efteling reveals opening date Wereld van Sindbad". https://www.looopings.nl/weblog/18486/Efteling-maakt-openingsdatum-Wereld-van-Sindbad-bekend-1-januari-2022.html.
- "Efteling celebrated opening Wereld van Sindbad with new pinset". https://www.looopings.nl/weblog/18771/Efteling-viert-opening-Wereld-van-Sindbad-met-nieuwe-pinset.html.
- "Monsieur Cannibale (song) on Eftepedia". https://www.eftepedia.nl/lemma/Monsieur_Cannibale_(muziek).