|The bear and squirrel animatronics in Fabula|
|Onsite construction||Joop van den Heuvel BV|
|Capacity||1440 per hour|
History[edit | edit source]
Film[edit | edit source]
The film consists of two parts, a pre-show and the main show.
The pre-show takes place in a big cave, with tree roots spread around the room. This room contains no seats, guests are expected to stand up. The pre-show film itself takes place in a cave during a storm, we see different animals enter the cave for cover. A bear appears and all the animals flee, except for one squirrel which has fallen asleep in the bear his bed. The bear roars angrily and pushes the squirrel away, making him sleep alone in the cold. This is when the sandman uses his magic sand on the bear and the squirrel, giving them a special dream.
This is when the doors to the main show open, this room does have seats, and guests are expected to now put on their 3D-Glasses. The main show focuses on the bear and squirrel being teleported over to different habitats, changing the bear into a different animal, this in a effort by the sandman to show him that different animals lead different lives, and not to judge a tiny animal like a squirrel by its appearance. The habitats featured in the ride are:
Habitat's Featured in the film[edit | edit source]
In the end, the bear and the squirrel wake up, the bear finally understanding that he should also think of others, and he now gets along with the squirrel. 
When exiting the theatre, people enter the "Speelwereld" (Dutch for "Play world") an indoor playground, which ends in the Fabula Restaurant. This playground features a few animatronics, one of the bear (with the squirrel on his head), one of the orangatang, one of the Turtle, one of the lion and one of a polar bear, which is not featured in the film (but was featured in the old PandaDroom movie)
Location[edit | edit source]
The ride is located in the "Anderrijk" area of the park, roughly translating to "Different Realm".
Etymology[edit | edit source]
Fabula is a reference to the Latin word "Fabel" which stands for a story told with animals, containing a moral.
Response[edit | edit source]
The attraction got mixed reviews on opening, people praised the movie for having a way better quality than the original PandaDroom, but the overall attraction was seen as lackluster, with most of PandaDroom's assets getting reused, and sometimes not even cleaned.
Easter eggs[edit | edit source]
The film features a few Easter eggs, most of which reference the ride that preceded it, PandaDroom
- In the Ocean scene, a turtle with a similar design to Aura from the old PandaDroom movie appears
- In the Jungle scene, a orangutang with a similar design to Oek from the old PandaDroom movie appears. Two panda's also appear, their kid being rescued by the bear (in monkey form). Of course a big nod to PandaDroom
- Also in the Jungle scene, monkey's appear, throwing fruit towards each other, this scene is a reference to a similar scene found in the PandaDroom movie. On the end of this scene, the bear (in monkey form) gets a piece of fruit on his nose, and a small bit of the Carnaval Festival Music plays
Other parks[edit | edit source]
Aardman is allowed to sell the movie to other theme parks, with some changes, for example:
- In other parks, the movie is simply named "The Bear and the Squirrel"
- The sandman and his owl are replaced by mother nature in all other parks
The music of the movie does stay the same, meaning that the musical Easter eggs can still be found.
Refrences[edit | edit source]
- "Fabula's pre-show on Eftepedia". https://www.eftepedia.nl/lemma/Voorshow_(Fabula).
- "Fabula's Main show on Eftepedia". https://www.eftepedia.nl/lemma/Hoofdshow_(Fabula).
- "Fabula's Speelwereld on Eftepedia". https://www.eftepedia.nl/lemma/Speelwereld.
- "Fabula on Eftepedia". https://www.eftepedia.nl/lemma/Fabula.
- "Opening of Fabula on Pretpark.Club". https://forum.pretpark.club/d/590-fabula-is-open.