|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|Type||Steel - Launched - Water - Shuttle|
|Propulsion||LSM launch (multi-pass)|
|Area||524.9 feet × 98.4 feet|
|Top speed||62.1 mph|
Aquaman: Power Wave is a steel launched water shuttle roller coaster at Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington, Texas, USA. The attraction is a Mack Rides PowerSplash that replaced Aquaman Splashdown. It is the first PowerSplash in America. The roller coaster opened on March 11, 2023.
On August 29, 2019, it was announced that Aquaman: Power Wave would be added to Six Flags Over Texas.
Aquaman: Power Wave was originally set to open in 2020, but the coronavirus pandemic put the opening on hold. While Six Flags planned to open the attraction in 2021, the opening was delayed to 2022 due to financial issues caused by the pandemic.
It was confirmed on August 5, 2021 that it was scheduled to open in the summer of 2022. On July 6, 2022, the park announced the ride's opening was delayed until spring 2023. The delays allowed Six Flags management to reassess and address the chain's initiative to increase ride capacity, and a turntable was added to accommodate a second boat. Northwest Coasters oversaw the ride's construction.
Aquaman: Power Wave opened on March 11, 2023.
Aquaman: Power Wave is a PowerSplash manufactured by Mack Rides. It is the first water coaster of its kind in North America. Highlights include a max height of 146 feet and reaching speeds of up to 62 mph. The launch-style water coaster suspends riders in a 90° angle before hurtling them across the more than 700 feet of track which includes a state-of-the-art turntable station.
2 cars. Riders are arranged 4 across in 5 rows for a total of 20 riders per car.
- ↑ "90-degree drops, 63 mph and a splashdown: Six Flags Over Texas has a new roller coaster". https://www.wfaa.com/article/news/local/six-flags-over-texas-aquaman-roller-coaster-opening-date-announced/287-0bfb3fae-1525-4f28-b254-bc7e065a2be9.
- ↑ "Six Flags Over Texas Adding Aquaman Power Wave in 2020". https://www.coaster101.com/2019/08/29/six-flags-over-texas-adding-aquaman-power-wave-in-2020/.
- ↑ "Six Flags Over Texas Pushes Aquaman: Power Wave to 2022". NewsPlusNotes. December 27, 2020. http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2020/12/six-flags-over-texas-pushes-aquaman.html. Retrieved December 30, 2020.
- ↑ "Six Flags Over Texas announces new Pirates of Speelunker Cave ride that will revive original attraction". https://www.ksat.com/news/local/2021/08/06/six-flags-over-texas-announce-new-pirates-of-speelunker-cave-ride-that-will-revive-original-attraction/.
- ↑ "RIDE UPDATE: Thank you for your patience as we prepare for North America’s first multi-launch water coaster. We're excited to announce that AQUAMAN: Power Wave will officially open in spring 2023.". Six Flags Over Texas. 2022-07-06. https://www.instagram.com/p/CfrhqfGlciL/. Retrieved 2022-07-06.
- ↑ "Six Flags, Mack Rides debut Aquaman: Power Wave, the first in North America", Amusement Today (2023-04). Retrieved on 5 April 2023.
- ↑ "Make a splash with the newest attraction at Six Flags Over Texas". https://www.theeasttexasweekend.com/2023/03/10/make-splash-with-newest-attraction-six-flags-over-texas/.
- Aquaman: Power Wave on the Roller Coaster DataBase.