|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
Wildcatter was a Freefall ride located at Six Flags Over Texas in Arlington, Texas, USA. It operated from 1982 to 2007.
This ride was the second of two Intamin Freefall rides to open in 1982, the first being Freefall at Six Flags Magic Mountain. It was called G-Force and Cliffhanger before ultimately being renamed Wildcatter.
The attraction had to be closed on May 22, 1984 due to an incident on The Edge at Six Flags Great America.
The Wildcatter tower was imploded on October 2, 2007. Tony Hawk's Big Spin (now called Pandemonium) opened on the spot the following year.
- ↑ "Intamin 1st Generation Free Falls". Shane's Amusement Attic. https://www.themeparkreview.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=682632#682632.
- ↑ "Our History". Intamin Amusement Rides. https://www.intaminworldwide.com/our-history/.
- ↑ "Past Attractions". SFOT Source. https://www.sfotsource.com/past-attractions/.
- ↑ "Illinois accident prompts Six Flags to close ride", Fort Worth Star-Telegram (May 23, 1984), pp. 74. Retrieved on December 27, 2021.
- ↑ "Wildcatter demolished in Arlington". UPI. https://www.upi.com/Wildcatter-demolished-in-Arlington/67801191468179/.