|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|Manufacturer||Rocky Mountain Construction|
|Designer / calculations||Alan Schilke|
|Type||Steel - Hybrid|
|Riders per train||24|
|Propulsion||Chain lift hill|
|Top speed||65 mph|
In March 2009, Six Flags Over Texas announced that Texas Giant, a wooden roller coaster would be closing down on November 1, 2009 for a $10 million remodel. No details were revealed at the time, only that the refurbished ride would be "faster and smoother". After its closure, it was rebuilt with I-Box Track under the name New Texas Giant. The ride then on April 22, 2011. It is one of two roller coasters built by Rocky Mountain Construction to not have inversions, the other being Lightning Rod at Dollywood.
On July 19, 2013, a 52-year-old woman fell to her death while riding the Texas Giant. Her family filed lawsuits against Six Flags and Gerstlauer two months after the incident. The ride closed for investigations and reopened on September 14, 2013. Six Flags and Gerstlauer blamed each other, but after the case was settled, neither companies were found guilty of charges. Redesigned lap bars, seat belts, and pads were all added to the ride's trains. The lawsuit was settled in November 2014. However, this marked the end of Six Flags' partnership with Gerstlauer.
The attraction received a single rider line for the 2022 season.
- Six Flags Over Texas website information
- "Six Flags Over Texas to close Texas Giant for renovations in 2010". Dallas News. https://web.archive.org/web/20090422050429/http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/news/localnews/stories/031709dnmettexasgiant.3f612dd1.html.
- "Giant to roll again on April 22". https://www.pressreader.com/usa/the-dallas-morning-news/20110309/283592396829994.
- "Woman fell 75 feet in Texas Giant death - FOX 4 News". https://www.fox4news.com/news/woman-fell-75-feet-in-texas-giant-death.
- "Six Flags Over Texas: Update". Six Flags Over Texas. https://web.archive.org/web/20131031093121/http://www.sixflags.com/overtexas/info/texasupdate.aspx.
- "Victim’s family settles Texas Giant fatality lawsuit". Kuzmich Law. https://kuzmichlaw.com/victims-family-settles-texas-giant-fatality-lawsuit/.
- "The Tragedy on New Texas Giant & The Blame Game: Six Flags vs Gerstlauer". Airtime Thrills. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxAhfDIgC68.
- "Six Flags Over Texas Brings the Thrills for Spring Break". https://cravedfw.com/2022/03/10/six-flags-over-texas-brings-the-thrills-for-spring-break/.
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.