|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|Manufacturer||Bolliger & Mabillard|
|Type||Steel - Floorless|
|Riders per train||28|
|Propulsion||Chain lift hill|
|Top speed||55 mph|
Batman – The Dark Knight is a Bolliger & Mabillard floorless roller coaster located at Six Flags New England in Agawam, Massachusetts, USA. The ride was installed by Martin & Vleminckx and opened in 2002.
Construction of the attraction began in September 2001. The ride's name was announced in February 2002.
Batman – The Dark Knight officially opened on April 20, 2002.
The ride was briefly renamed Batman: The Ride in 2008 due to a proposed new indoor Wild Mouse roller coaster by Mack Rides, called The Dark Knight Coaster. This new ride was then cancelled in April and the name was reverted to the original. However, The Dark Knight Coaster would open the following year at Six Flags Mexico.
In 2022, a single rider line was added to the ride.
The ride features a twister layout. A banked curve goes through the vertical loop, the zero-g roll crosses through the dive loop and the corkscrews are interlocking. The ride also features a pre-drop, typical of Bolliger & Mabillard roller coasters.
2 trains with 7 cars per train. Riders are arranged 4 across in a single row for a total of 28 riders per train.
- ↑ Attraction Installation - Martin & Vleminckx
- ↑ "Batman The Dark Knight Coming To Six Flags New England". Ultimate Rollercoaster. https://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/news/archives/2002/stories/021902_01.shtml.
- ↑ Six Flags cancels plans for new "Dark Knight" roller coaster - WHDH
- ↑ "Six Flags New England opening with new experiences". https://www.wwlp.com/news/local-news/six-flags-new-england-opening-with-new-experiences/.
- ↑ "Six Flags New England, Batman: The Dark Knight". https://prezi.com/oyxjfsthrmgb/six-flags-new-england-batman-the-dark-knight/.
- Batman - The Dark Knight on the Roller Coaster DataBase.