|Location||Ripon, North Yorkshire, England, UK|
Lightwater Valley is a theme park located in Ripon, Yorkshire, England.
The park was recreated in the original RollerCoaster Tycoon.
History[edit | edit source]
The park first opened as a farm in 1969 and it was transformed into a theme park in 1987. The park was acquired in 1997 by Queensborough Holdings, who purchased Pleasurewood Hills the previous year.
In 2012, a new pirate-themed area called Skeleton Cove was opened with five new rides, representing an investment of £1.2 million. For 2015, the mini golf course was redeveloped and relaunched as Jurassic Adventure Golf.
The opening of the park was delayed in 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic. It is expected to reopen on 18 July, however The Ultimate, Raptor Attack, and Apollo will remain closed for the rest of the season. The park states that these rides will remain closed as it is aiming to focus on families for the remainder of the season.
Roller coasters[edit | edit source]
Present[edit | edit source]
|Little Dipper||D.P.V. Rides||Family||2003||Operating|
|Raptor Attack||Schwarzkopf||Enclosed||1987||Standing but not operating|
|The Ultimate||Big Country Motioneering||Terrain||1991||Standing but not operating|
Past[edit | edit source]
|Batflyer||Caripro||Suspended||1996||2002||World in Miniature|
|Grizzly Bear||Pinfari||Sit-Down||2004||2008||Travelling with Buwalda|
|Soopa Loopa||Soquet||Sit-Down||1988||1994||American Adventure Theme Park|
|Twister||Reverchon||Spinning||2001||2019||Travelling with Emerson Edwards|
Attractions[edit | edit source]
Operating[edit | edit source]
|Apollo||AK Rides||Star Flyer||2016|
|Carousel||John H. Rundle||Gallopers||2009|
|Eagle Creek Tractor Ride||Metallbau Emmeln||Juvenile Track Ride||2013|
|Flying Cutlass||HUSS||Pirate Ship||2011|
|Lightwater Express Train||Severn Lamb||Miniature Railway||1979|
|Skull Rock||Zamperla||Sea Storm||2011|
|Skyrider||Preston & Barbieri||Waveswinger||2006|
|Splash Falls||WhiteWater West||Dinghy Waterslides||1995|
|Trauma Tower||Soriani & Moser||Drop tower||2004|
|Vintage Car Rally||Metallbau Emmeln||Juvenile Track Ride||2015|
|Wild River Rapids||Reverchon||River Rapids||2009|
Closed[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "Queensborough in the black after 13 years". The Independent. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/queensborough-in-the-black-after-13-years-1265336.html.
- "All the fun of the fair...", The Guardian.
- Godfrey, Ron. "Lightwater Valley invests £1.2 million in Skeleton Cove". The Press. https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/business/news/8907645.lightwater-valley-invests-12-million-in-skeleton-cove/. Retrieved 6 April 2020.
- "New at Lightwater Valley". ThemeParks-UK. https://www.themeparks-uk.com/item/520-new-at-lightwater-valley. Retrieved 6 April 2020.
- "Livingstone Leisure Acquires North Yorkshire Theme Park". InterPark. https://interpark.co.uk/livingstone-leisure-acquires-north-yorkshire-theme-park/. Retrieved 6 April 2020.
- "We are reopening!". Lightwater Valley. https://web.archive.org/web/20200625200011/https://www.lightwatervalley.co.uk/news/view/covid-19-latest-news-for-visitors.