|Location||Ripon, North Yorkshire, England, UK|
|Owner||Brighton Pier Group|
Lightwater Valley is a theme park located in Ripon, Yorkshire, England, UK.
The park was recreated in the original RollerCoaster Tycoon.
The attraction first opened as a farm in 1969. It was owned by Robert Staveley. The park was acquired in 1997 by Queensborough Holdings, who purchased Pleasurewood Hills the previous year. In 2001, it was sold to Ball Investments, who employed Heritage Great Britain to operate it.
In 2012, a new pirate-themed area called Skeleton Cove was opened with five new rides, representing an investment of £1.2 million. For the 2015 season, the mini golf course was redeveloped and relaunched as Jurassic Adventure Golf.
The opening of the park was delayed in 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic. The Ultimate, Raptor Attack, and Apollo remained closed throughout the season. The park had stated that these rides will remain closed as it is aiming to focus on families for the remainder of the season. On 1 February 2021, the park announced that it would continue to focus on families with young children and as a result Raptor Attack, Apollo, Eagle's Claw, Black Pearl, and Wild River Rapids will be removed. The park did not publicly comment on The Ultimate, however, it responded to private messages by confirming that it would not operate in 2021.
|Little Dipper||D.P.V. Rides||Family||2003||Operating|
|The Ultimate||Big Country Motioneering / Self-built||Terrain||July 17, 1991||Standing but not operating|
|Batflyer||Caripro||Suspended||1996||2002||Relocated to World in Miniature|
|Grizzly Bear||Pinfari||Sit-Down||2004||2008||Travelling Netherlands|
|Raptor Attack||Schwarzkopf||Enclosed||1987||2019||Relocated to Cotaland|
|Soopa Loopa||Soquet||Sit-Down||1988||1994||Relocated to American Adventure Theme Park|
|Viper||Schwarzkopf||Sit-Down||1996||2001||Relocated to Loudoun Castle|
|Twister||Reverchon||Spinning Wild Mouse||2001||2019||Travelling UK|
- "Queensborough in the black after 13 years". The Independent. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/queensborough-in-the-black-after-13-years-1265336.html.
- "All the fun of the fair...", The Guardian.
- Hill, Nick (15 June 2017). "Sale completed of North Yorkshire theme park Lightwater Valley". BDaily News. https://bdaily.co.uk/articles/2017/06/15/sale-completed-of-north-yorkshire-theme-park-lightwater-valley. Retrieved 9 February 2021.
- Godfrey, Ron. "Lightwater Valley invests £1.2 million in Skeleton Cove". The Press. https://www.yorkpress.co.uk/business/news/8907645.lightwater-valley-invests-12-million-in-skeleton-cove/. Retrieved 6 April 2020.
- "New at Lightwater Valley". ThemeParks-UK. https://www.themeparks-uk.com/item/520-new-at-lightwater-valley. Retrieved 6 April 2020.
- "Livingstone Leisure Acquires North Yorkshire Theme Park". InterPark. https://interpark.co.uk/livingstone-leisure-acquires-north-yorkshire-theme-park/. Retrieved 6 April 2020.
- "We are reopening!". Lightwater Valley. https://web.archive.org/web/20200625200011/https://www.lightwatervalley.co.uk/news/view/covid-19-latest-news-for-visitors.
- "Lightwater Valley set to broaden offering for young families in 2021". Lightwater Valley. 1 February 2021. Archived from the original on 1 February 2021. http://web.archive.org/web/20210201161511/https://www.lightwatervalley.co.uk/news/view/lightwater-valley-set-to-broaden-offering-for-young-families-in-2021. Retrieved 1 February 2021.
- Keller, Mark (6 February 2021). "Lightwater Valley: Europas längste Achterbahn bleibt 2021 geschlossen". Parkerlebnis.de. https://www.parkerlebnis.de/lightwater-valley-ultimate-2021-geschlossen_117326.html. Retrieved 6 February 2021.
- "Lightwater Valley sold to Brighton Pier Group". Ride Rater. 2021-06-17. https://riderater.co.uk/9049/lightwater-valley-sold-to-brighton-pier-group/. Retrieved 2021-06-17.