|Jersey Devil Coaster's Promotional Image.|
|Manufacturer||Rocky Mountain Construction|
|Designer / calculations||Alan Schilke|
|Type||Steel - Single rail|
|Riders per train||12|
|Propulsion||Chain lift hill|
Top speed58 mph
Jersey Devil Coaster is a steel single rail roller coaster currently under construction at Six Flags Great Adventure in New Jersey. It will be manufactured by Rocky Mountain Construction and was initially set to open in 2020, but has since been delayed to 2021. It will be the first custom-made RMC Raptor track and will be the world's tallest, fastest, and longest single-rail roller coaster.
History[edit | edit source]
On August 29, 2019, it was announced that Jersey Devil Coaster would be coming to Six Flags Great Adventure.
The ride's first footers were poured in November 2019. Supports began to be erected in March, and two assembled trains arrived at the park.
On June 30, 2020, the park confirmed that the attraction would be delayed until 2021, stating this was due to delays in construction caused by the coronavirus pandemic. Construction work resumed in December 2020. This was followed by the coaster’s trackwork completion on January 25, with the topping off of the lift hill.
Design[edit | edit source]
Jersey Devil Coaster will be a custom Raptor Track manufactured by Rocky Mountain Construction. It will be 130 feet tall, will have a drop of 122 feet and reach speeds of up to 58 mph and will be 3,000 feet long, as well as containing 5 "intense elements"; these include 3 inversions and 12 airtime moments.
Trains[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- "Six Flags Great Adventure announces record-breaking Jersey Devil single-rail coaster". https://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/experience/america/theme-parks/2019/08/29/six-flags-great-adventure-record-breaking-jersey-devil-coaster/2149376001/.
- "Six Flags Great Adventure Jersey Devil Coaster delayed until 2021". App.. https://eu.app.com/story/entertainment/events/2020/06/30/six-flags-great-adventurejersey-devil-coaster-delayed-until-2021/3284683001/.
- "Six Flags Great Adventure Confirms Major Work on The Jersey Devil Coaster has Resumed". NewsPlusNotes. December 29, 2020. http://newsplusnotes.blogspot.com/2020/12/six-flags-great-adventure-confirms.html. Retrieved December 30, 2020.
- "Six Flags Great Adventure tweet". Twitter. 25 January 2021. https://twitter.com/SFGrAdventure/status/1353703876608864272. Retrieved 25 January 2021.
[edit | edit source]
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.