|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|Manufacturer||Bolliger & Mabillard|
|Type||Steel - Hyper|
|Track layout||L-Shaped Out and Back|
|Model / product||Hyper Coaster|
|Riders per train||36|
|Propulsion||Chain lift hill|
Top speed80 mph
Nitro is a steel hyper roller coaster located at Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, New Jersey, USA. Opened on April 7, 2001, it was the third Bolliger & Mabillard Hyper Coaster installation. Nitro is 230 feet tall, has a 215 foot tall drop and a top speed of "nearly 80 mph".
History and General Information[edit | edit source]
At the time of its opening, it was the fastest roller coaster in New Jersey and the tallest roller coaster on the East Coast. It has the second steepest drop from a lift hill in the park, behind El Toro (Kingda Ka is not counted as it is a launched roller coaster). Nitro's lift hill once featured signs on the stairways comparing its height to landmarks such as Niagra Falls, however these have since been removed.
Design[edit | edit source]
Trains[edit | edit source]
Facts[edit | edit source]
- On a clear night, the Philadelphia skyline (which is 55 miles away) is visible from the top of the ride.
- The Mortal Kombat Remix plays in the station.
References[edit | edit source]
- Bove, Alex. "Nitro Delivers Power and Finesse at Great Adventure". Ultimate Rollercoaster. https://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/news/archives/april01/stories/041201_01.shtml#photos. Retrieved 10 March 2020.
- "Nitro Extreme Thrill Coaster to Blast Off In One Month". Ultimate Rollercoaster. https://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/news/archives/march01/stories/031301_01.shtml. Retrieved 10 March 2020.
- Nitro Unveiled At Six Flags Great Adventure - Six Flags Great Adventure
[edit | edit source]
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.