|Click here to watch the on-ride POV|
|Manufacturer||Bolliger & Mabillard|
|Type||Steel - Hyper|
|Track layout||L-Shaped Out and Back|
|Riders per train||36|
|Propulsion||Chain lift hill|
|Top speed||80 mph|
Nitro is a steel hyper roller coaster located at Six Flags Great Adventure in Jackson, New Jersey, USA. Opened on April 7, 2001, it was the third Bolliger & Mabillard Hyper Coaster installation. Nitro is 230 feet tall, has a 215 foot tall drop and a top speed of "nearly 80 mph".
At the time of its opening, it was the fastest roller coaster in New Jersey and the tallest roller coaster on the East Coast. It has the second steepest drop from a lift hill in the park, behind El Toro (Kingda Ka is not counted as it is a launched roller coaster). Nitro's lift hill once featured signs on the stairways comparing its height to landmarks such as Niagra Falls, however these have since been removed.
- On a clear night, the Philadelphia skyline (which is 55 miles away) is visible from the top of the ride.
- The Mortal Kombat Remix plays in the station.
- Bove, Alex. "Nitro Delivers Power and Finesse at Great Adventure". Ultimate Rollercoaster. https://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/news/archives/april01/stories/041201_01.shtml#photos. Retrieved 10 March 2020.
- "Nitro Extreme Thrill Coaster to Blast Off In One Month". Ultimate Rollercoaster. https://www.ultimaterollercoaster.com/news/archives/march01/stories/031301_01.shtml. Retrieved 10 March 2020.
- Nitro Unveiled At Six Flags Great Adventure - Six Flags Great Adventure
- on the Roller Coaster DataBase.